BMW 3 series E30
Since 1983-1994 of release
Repair and car operation
+ 1. The maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance service
- 3. The engine
+ 3.1.2. Specifications
+ 3.2. Dismantle and engine major repairs
- 3.3. An engine electric equipment
3.3.3. The battery - engine start-up in emergency situations
3.3.4. Removal and battery installation
3.3.5. Power cables
+ 3.3.6. Ignition system
- 3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
220.127.116.11. Check of system of a charge of the battery
18.104.22.168. The generator
22.214.171.124. A pressure regulator
+ 3.3.8. System of start-up of the engine
3.3.9. Malfunctions of the generator
3.3.10. The basic malfunctions of an electric equipment
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. An exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. A running gear
+ 12. A body
+ 13. An electric equipment
+ 14. A good advice
3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
|THE GENERAL DATA|
|1. The battery
2. From the ignition lock (a conclusion 15)
3. A control lamp of a charge (on a guard of devices)
4, 7. A diagnostic socket
5. The generator
6. The filtering condenser (since 1986)
8. A starter
9. The resistor (from second half of 1986)
On considered cars systems of a charge of 2 types – Bosch and Motorola with rated current 65 are established, 80 and 90 A.Reguljator of pressure is mounted on the generator. In system of charge Bosch the pressure regulator can be removed from the generator.
The generator drive is carried out from a belt with клиновидным section. Generators are mounted on the left side of the engine irrespective of model.
Periodic care of charge system is reduced to care of the battery and check of a tension of a belt. Periodicity of survey – through каждве 500 km or weekly (depending on that will come earlier).
The control lamp of a charge / of inclusion of ignition on the panel of devices lights up at inclusion of ignition and after engine start-up dies away. If the lamp does not die away after engine start-up in a charge chain it is faulty. Some cars are equipped with the voltmeter. If the voltmeter shows very high or very much a low voltage the charge chain requires check (see subsection 126.96.36.199).
1) At connection of the battery with the generator always observe polarity of connection.
2) Before repair of any site of the car by electric welding disconnect wires from the generator and from a battery pole.
3) It is forbidden to start the engine at connected зарядном the device.
4) It is forbidden to disconnect cables from battery or generator poles on the working engine.
5) the Generator is attached directly to the battery, therefore at закорачивании generator conclusions, or at its overload, formation of an arch and a fire is possible.
6) Before engine washing cover the generator a polyethylene film.