BMW 3 series E30
Since 1983-1994 of release
Repair and car operation
+ 1. The maintenance instruction
+ 2. Maintenance service
- 3. The engine
+ 3.1.2. Specifications
+ 3.2. Dismantle and engine major repairs
- 3.3. An engine electric equipment
3.3.3. The battery - engine start-up in emergency situations
3.3.4. Removal and battery installation
3.3.5. Power cables
+ 3.3.6. Ignition system
+ 3.3.7. System of a charge of the battery
+ 3.3.8. System of start-up of the engine
3.3.9. Malfunctions of the generator
3.3.10. The basic malfunctions of an electric equipment
+ 4. Cooling system
+ 5. Heating and ventilation
+ 6. Fuel system
+ 7. An exhaust system
+ 8. Transmissions
+ 9. Coupling
+ 10. Brake system
+ 11. A running gear
+ 12. A body
+ 13. An electric equipment
+ 14. A good advice
System of ignition TCI (Transistorized Coil Ignition in a designation of the manufacturer) the 4-cylinder engine
System of ignition Motronic of the 6-cylinder engine
The system of an electric equipment of the engine includes ignition system, system of gymnastics of the battery and system of start-up of the engine. Because these systems are an engine integral part, their consideration is spent separately from a body electric equipment (for example, devices of illumination, measuring devices, etc.) which is considered in section 13.
At care of an electric equipment observe following rules.
1) Observe extreme care at check of details and electric equipment devices. At wrong connection, or the inept reference of the device of an electric equipment of the engine quickly fail.
2) It is forbidden to leave long time ignition included on the idle engine.
3) It is forbidden to disconnect cables from the battery on the working engine.
4) At emergency start-up of the engine from the battery of other car observe polarity of connection of the battery.
5) Always disconnect the battery from weight first of all, and connect to weight during the latest moment, in order to avoid casual закорачивания batteries.